So I managed to buy this and read all of it and its one of my favourite comics of all time already. It really, really taps into my sensibilities and hopes for story telling.
This opening seems like a huge dramatic twist but it’s also not really what the rest of the book is about. It’s so delightful but damn dark.
A truly unstoppable force.
I think we can all just agree that dragons are pretty cool…
But dragon designs in film and on television are so vanilla. Look! Look at what we could have!
- Dragon Head - by “Veramudis"
- I’m Fabulous - by Katarzyna Marcinkowska “Grzanka" (Tumblr)
- Dragon Mounts - by “V4m2c4”
- Bluejay Dragon - by “Shinerai" (tumblr 1) (tumblr 2)
- Patterns- by “WhiteRaven" (tumblr)
- Last Ones - by “WhiteRaven" (tumblr)
- Classic Tabby Dragon - by Hillary Luetkemeyer “Hibbary"
- Minty - by by “Shinerai" (tumblr 1) (tumblr 2)
(Also these are all just incredible artists go shower them with attention.)
Citipati, Lord of the Cemetery, is a Tibetan Buddhist figure which loosely represents intertwined male and female skeletons. These two androgynous figures which together form Citipati are considered to be guardians of cemeteries and are honored by semiannual ritualistic dances. As Citipati is comprised of the two halves of the human body, man and woman, the figure is also said to symbolize the counterparts of the human life cyle, birth and Death.
I spent the afternoon at the Hunterian Museum in London.